It’s time for a new look! Digital is forever changing with search engine updates, website trends, and evolving tools and features.It’s time for a new look! Soon, a new EDJOIN will be released with brand new features, including a personalized Resume Builder, Interests, Skills Search, and Suggested Jobs.
Web experiences are forever changing with search engine updates, website trends, and evolving tools and features. More exciting EDJOIN updates to come!
Important Note: This password is NOT your EDJOIN password. This password must be provided by the HR department at the district you are applying to and cannot be provided by the EDJOIN Help Desk.
Reset your password
Multiple tabs are multiple problems. When filling out applications, please close all other open tabs and windows or risk data loss. For longer responses, we recommend typing your responses in a separate document, then copying that into your application. Save your progress often.
Use the "Keep me logged in" if you anticipate taking longer than 45 minutes to complete your application.
Do not show this message again
Back To Search Results Page
Records Evaluation Analyst at Cuesta College - San Luis Obispo County Community College
|Date Posted: 3/9/2023||Application Deadline: 4/5/2023 10:00 PM Pacific|
|Employment Type:||Length of Work Year: See Job Description|
|Salary: See Job Description||Number Openings: (At time of posting) Not Specified|
|Contact: Rebeccah Hart||Email: email@example.com|
Job Description / Essential Elements: Print
Records Evaluation Analyst
Salary: $53,172.00 - $58,620.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: FY2223-00145
Location: Cuesta College - San Luis Obispo Campus, CA
Department: Student Success & Support Programs
Closing:4/5/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Job Description Summary
The Evaluations Analyst position specializes in evaluation functions under the general supervision of an assigned Administrator. This position includes determining graduation eligibility, posting degrees and certificates for credit and non-credit programs in accordance with all relevant policies including California State University (CSU), University of California (UC) and Title V, and articulating all transcripts from other institutions. The Evaluator establishes course equivalencies and develops and maintains an updated cross reference system of courses from colleges, universities, and community colleges. This position evaluates for and assesses athletic eligibility and prerequisite requirements met or not met for course registration and admittance to Nursing and Allied Health programs. The Evaluator generates statistical reports for commencement data.
The Records Evaluations Analyst is a para-professional position in the Records series, dealing with policy research, curriculum and the accurate and analytical review of student records on various levels. Inherent in the position is a high learning curve, accountability, detrimental consequences for error, and the ability to think critically and work independently.
Incumbents in this position support student learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness by ensuring a student's academic history is complete for students to accurately plan and reach their academic goals.
ABOUT THE COLLEGEWhere You Will WorkServing all of San Luis Obispo County, Cuesta College has provided comprehensive associate degree offerings, certificates, and community programs to the region since 1964. The main campus is located along scenic highway 1, west of San Luis Obispo and east of the beaches of the Pacific Ocean. Cuesta College has a North County Campus in Paso Robles, and South County Center, in Arroyo Grande.
Who We AreEquity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to our culture and the work we do. Cuesta College is proud to be a designated Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) committed to racial and socio-economic diversity as it reflects our communities and student populations. We actively seek to attract candidates who share this commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. As part of the Cuesta College team, you can expect to be part of a collaborative community of faculty, classified professionals, administrators, students, and community partners advancing educational excellence with intentional support services leading to student success and completion.
Additional information about the college can be found athttps://www.cuesta.edu/about/index.htmlThe college planning documents can be found athttps://www.cuesta.edu/about/collegeplans/index.htmlOur Student Equity Action Plan can be found athttps://www.cuesta.edu/about/info/equity/index.htmlWe offer comprehensive benefit options. Information about benefits can be found athttps://www.cuesta.edu/about/depts/benefits-insurance/index.html
Essential Functions & Qualifications
• Evaluate all incoming transcripts from post-secondary institutions, including public, private, out-of-state, military, and international institutions, and place coursework on academic record and on degree audit system;• Evaluate accreditation of other higher education institutions from which credits were earned and determine level, content, unit value, and grading system;• Evaluate other transcripts such as high school, College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Advanced Placement (AP), and International Baccalaureate (IB) and post to update academic record and degree audit system appropriately;• Collaborate closely and coordinate with various departments, including Nursing and Allied Health division, and with Articulation Officer to maintain quality and consistency;• Establish course equivalencies and develops and maintains an updated cross reference system of courses from colleges, universities, and community colleges;• Comprehend the policies related to curriculum, previous catalog years, and code students' academic records appropriately;• Determine prerequisite requirements met or not met for course registration;• Coordinate with Nursing and Allied Health division to evaluate applicants' coursework for admittance to programs including Registered Nursing, Licensed Vocational Nursing, and Paramedic;• Assess athletic eligibility and transfer rules by evaluating student athletes' transcripts and records in accordance with California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) bylaws;• Verify student progress towards completion and compliance with educational goals and degree requirements;• Achieve all degree review audit and posting deadlines as set by the assigned Administrator;• Research, interpret, and apply varied and complex policies, regulations, procedures, and guidelines, and maintain a file of academic rulings;• Evaluate and assess all documentation including applications, certifications, transcripts, test scores, sub-waivers, for all degree/certificate candidates for credit and non-credit programs according to policy;• Certify and post completion of General Education requirements (CSU, IGETC GE);• Post degrees/certificates for credit and non-credit programs;• Compile and maintain graduation data with accompanying demographic, status, and honor reports and distribute to executive cabinet;• Generate and upload reports for diploma and certificate production to Parchment;• Create and maintain a variety of technical records and forms related to evaluations' functions;• Fully utilize new technologies and degree audit programs to assure completion of tasks;• Coordinate workflow within evaluations team to ensure all deadlines are met in a timely manner;• Participate in training and cross-training within Records department to operate efficiently and maintain quality and consistency;• Participate in professional development such as conferences and workshops to stay abreast of changes in policy and regulations and to remain current in technology;• Serve as backup as needed for Records Coordinator and for veteran's certification;• Communicate with students, staff, and other individuals to respond to inquiries and disseminate technical information and guidance as needed;• Perform other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
QUALIFICATIONS Education: Required
• Associate's Degree
• Bachelor's degree
• Two years increasingly responsible experience in a higher education student services environment;
• Admissions and Records or Evaluations experience;• Bilingual in Spanish (oral and written).
Or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• District and California Chancellors' Office guidelines, procedures and methods involved in the evaluations of transcripts and student records;
• District policies and procedures, graduation requirements, general education and certification, and course contents;• Standards, requirements, techniques, practices, and procedures involved in articulation and college course equivalency and transferability;
• Current technologies and associated office software;• Principles of and practices for delivery of service and recordkeeping;• Correct usage of English, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary; and• District policies and procedures.
• Perform the essential functions of the position;• Learn and interpret rules, regulations, and policies regarding transcript evaluation;• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties;• Work cooperatively in a team environment; and• Demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and students and of staff and students with physical and learning disabilities.
Physical ability to:
• Read and comprehend printed matter and text and data on computer monitors;• Communicate intelligibly and effectively via speech, telephone, written correspondence, and/or email;• Sit or stand for extended periods of time;• Lift and/or carry 25 pounds; and• Exert manual dexterity sufficient for keyboard and other office equipment operation.
License and Certificates (current within the last year or must be continuously current):
• Valid driver's license and eligible to obtain California driver's license upon hire.
Additional InformationREQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO APPLYCandidates will be required to submit ALL of the required documents below when applying for this position. When uploading documents, PDF uploads are preferred.
• Cover letter;• Resume;• Reference List (see further instructions below);• Diversity statement (see further instructions below). Diversity Statement Instructions: Cuesta College is committed to building and maintaining a workforce that reflects and honors the diversity of our students. It is important to us that our faculty, staff, and administrators demonstrate an understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, ethnic, and religious backgrounds as well as sexual orientation and abilities of all constituents in the Cuesta College community. In 500 words or less, with consideration to our Mission Statement and our values expressed above, please explain how you will demonstrate your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in this position. Reference List Instructions: Your reference list must include three professional references, their contact information, and their relationship to you.Completed online applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by the closing date for this position. LATE, INCOMPLETE, FAXED, MAILED OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
SALARY SCHEDULEBelow is the full salary schedule range for this position, steps A through E. Per Cuesta College's bargaining agreement, new employees are placed at Steps A through C, which is the anticipated hiring range also listed below. The bargaining agreement also includes step and longevity increases. For a full salary schedule, please see our website: https://www.cuesta.edu/about/depts/humanresources/salary_schedules.html
• Salary Schedule Range: $4,431 - $5,386 per month.• Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,431 - $4,885 per month.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONCuesta College will not sponsor any visa applications.
San Luis Obispo County Community College District ("Cuesta College") is an equal opportunity employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), age, disability (physical and mental), genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and state law in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities at any of its campuses. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose. Cuesta College also prohibits harassment on any of these bases, including sexual harassment, as well as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.
In compliance with California law, all prospective staff and students are entitled to read the Annual Security Report, published each October by the Cuesta College Department of Public Safety. This report contains information about our emergency and crime reporting procedures, as well as crime statistics for the past 3 years. You may request a copy of this report at one of our two Public Safety Offices: on SLO campus at Building 6600A or on North County Campus at building N1021, during campus business hours. You may also access the complete text of this report at the following website address: https://www.cuesta.edu/about/depts/publicsafety/clery_act
Cuesta College uses E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9 to data from U.S Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records. For further information, visit: https://www.cuesta.edu/about/depts/humanresources/Job_Opportunities.html
Interview Process InformationSelected applicants will be invited to attend a Zoom interview and skills test on Thursday, April 20, 2023.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3989363
The San Luis Obispo County Community College District promotes inclusiveness, prohibits discrimination, and encourages all qualified persons to apply. As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Cuesta College actively seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds to assist students, staff, and faculty. For ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) assistance with the application and/or interview process, please contact the Human Resources Office: (805) 546-3129.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
4/5/2023 10:00 PM Pacific
Number of Openings
See Job Description
Length of Work Year
See Job Description